Pledge of Ethics
Peak Performance Coaching
Pledge of Ethics
Peak Performance Coaching must always adhere to a method of coaching that honors the client for whom he or she is, and respects the fact that the client always knows what is ultimately best for themselves. Coaching uses philosophical insights and techniques to help individuals think about life, what is desired and how best to achieve those results. Problems that are encountered are not seen as illnesses to be cured. Instead, the coach will engage with the client in a dialogue, the objective of which is to help the client think more clearly and deeply about issues. This interaction creates clarity and moves the client into action. Coaching accelerates the client’s progress by providing greater focus and awareness of choice.
Professional coaching is an ongoing relationship that helps individuals produce extraordinary results in their lives, careers or businesses. Through the process of coaching, clients deepen their learning, improve their performance, and enhance their quality of life.
Coaching is the single most powerful, methodical system ever devised for identifying, releasing, developing and harnessing individual human potential. Professional Coaches have the skills to pose the questions that enable the client to connect the dots between where they are now and where they want to be, or where they want to go in the future.
Our coaching method is:
The client is encouraged to utilize his or her own free will and create their own set of standards to be achieved in their own time. The Coach enters into the coaching process as a co-creator with the client. Coaching is about bringing out the expertise of the client, rather than bringing experience to the client. Most clients have all the skills, tools, intellect and resources they need to perform outstandingly. The job of the Coach is to help the client commit themselves completely to actualizing their full potential.
As a professional Coach, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical obligations to my coaching clients and colleagues. I pledge to comply with the standards and ethics set forth by “Best Practices”, to treat people with dignity and as independent and equal human beings, and to model these standards with those whom I coach. I hereby agree that Rhema International may hold me accountable for any breach of this Pledge of Ethics and hold me fully accountable for my actions. I understand that any breach of this code may result in the loss of my professional membership and/or my “Certified Life Coach/ Master Spirit Life Coach/ Certified Transformational Coach” credentials.
- As a coach, I pledge to honor and support the beliefs, values, individuality, objectives and goals of my client(s) so that they can grow and expand the areas of their personal and/ or professional lives that they have chosen.
- I pledge to respect the individual requirements, limitations and personal boundaries of my client(s).
- I pledge that I will remain constructive and instrumental within any feedback or exchange between us and will put first and only the well-being and expressed desires of my client(s), and at no time will my own self-interest or personal gain influence me as it pertains to the coach/ client relationship.
- I pledge that I will not make false claims about what my client will receive from the coaching process, nor from me as their coach.
- Peak Performance Coaching pledges to maintain the confidentiality of my client(s) and the coaching relationship. I will hold confidential the name(s) of my client(s), information about their personal and/or professional life, colleagues or related parties, and will not share any detail of this information without the express permission of the client.
- I pledge I will not offer guidance, advice or council in any specialized area in which I am not qualified or licensed.
- I pledge to remain alert in recognizing when my client(s) may no longer be benefiting from our coaching relationship.
- I pledge to avoid conflicts between my interests and the interests of client(s).
- I pledge to honor all agreements I make in my coaching relationships, and construct clear agreements that may include confidentiality, progress reports and other particulars.
- I pledge to honor and respect the efforts and contribution of my client(s).
- I pledge to respect the creative power of my client(s).