THE COACHING PROCESS
Aim of Coaching
Coaching is a solution-focused process that, for any given challenge, helps you clarify what you want and determine the steps you need to take in order to achieve it. Very often, even when we know what we want, we find ourselves unable to remain motivated in our efforts to obtain it. We lose momentum, get side-tracked, discouraged, whatever the case may be. Coaching helps keep you focused on your goals and important your reasons for wanting to achieve them (your WHY), so that you can remain driven to achieve what you set out to do.
My style of coaching is based on some fundamental principles. The most important of these is that you know best what is right for you. This knowledge, however, is often not in your conscious mind but through appropriate techniques I can assist you to access it.
I play the role of a completely non-judgmental facilitator in helping you find your best solution. The process involves you answering some very deliberate and powerful questions. Through these questions, I will help you challenge both your own thinking and your perceived limitations. I will also teach you some simple techniques to access your intuition and deeper knowledge of yourself.
During each session, we will identify an area you would like to focus on. Once we’ve established that, I will facilitate you through the following process by asking appropriate questions and allowing you sufficient space to answer them. You have full control of the process and you can rely on me to challenge you to uncover and explore additional possibilities.
1. Clarifying what you want.
– Appreciating constraints and things outside your control
– Understanding why it is important to you
2. Defining the steps you need to take to get it.
– Creating an action plan that is realistic and practical
“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step”.
What is that step?
3. Building and maintaining the commitment to getting what you want.
– Developing a vision and helping you appreciate its importance
– Linking the various steps you need to take to realize that vision
– Creating an experience of what it would be like to complete that journey
4. Measuring your progress.
– Identifying and overcoming hurdles
– Defining the milestones to help you ensure that your progress is on track
5. Celebrating your success.
Finally, acknowledging your success with each step you take toward where you want to be.
You may already have a particular issue in mind that you’d like to address or know of a number of areas in your life that you could be happier with. Whether it is coping with your fears or achieving a goal, establish what you need to do to get you where you want to be. Even if you’re just generally feeling stuck and don’t know where to start, take the first step and get in touch now to help yourself get back on track.